Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a very nice, very clean 6" S-prefix model 28 (no dash)from about 1959. This gun is not mint, but is as clean as I've seen in an HP from this era. Lockup is tight, action is smooth as silk (which pains me to let her go) and diamond magnas are numbered to the gun. No box or papers. There is a bit of muzzle wear that someone touched up with cold blue. That can be seen in picture #4. More pics available by request. $550 shipped to your FFL from mine. E-mail with any questions.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: WTS S-prefix 4 screw Highway Patrolman

Anyone besides me notice that there is no relief behind the ejector rod knurling? Hmmmm, 28 no dash in a 4 Screw!!!! I believe I can count on one hand the examples that I know of....

Somebody better jump on this one, fast.....trust me, I'm not kidding around.

Most 5-screws are common compared to this one. By my figurin', this is as close as you get to a 28-1...the Holy Grail of all Smith and Wessons....

giz

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Giz,

If you jumped on it, I could personally deliver it and save us both some coin. :D

·
Registered
747 Posts

Any interest in trades with cash?
I have a Sig Sauer Mosquito two tone, silver over black, with three mags, fired 50 rounds.
Sigs to small for my hand.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Catdad said:
Any interest in trades with cash?
Sorry. No trades. I'm only selling this one to obtain funding for another on my short list. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Cush ....could you repost the pictures? They have been timed out!!! Unless Gizamo already has his greedy little hands on it!!! :lol: Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts