Hey Dennis,

Fine shooting!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK so now I have a new goal next time. Very nice
We have our not so good days also. I'm not as old as dirt, but I'm getting there. We started shooting handguns at MCRD Parris Island in 1964 for familiarization (2) magazines of (7) Rds each. Jokingly I've said I've fired enough 45ACP to fill several 55Gal drums with the empties over my life time. Its more cost-effective for center fire to shoot 9X19mm. I'm in the Autumn of my shooting days. If it were I, I'd invest in a good quality 22RF semiautomatic pistol then transition to a 9X19mm center-fire. :)!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That's 50 yards standing offhand - or two handed?
Single action I presume?
Pretty impressive pistol shooting no matter how it was done.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Thats mighty impressive. That would be my 50' target. The Glock 30 is my favorite in their lineup and quite a lead thrower considering its a compact. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
22,070 Posts
That's some fine shooting indeed. Great job and thanks for the pic and range report. You should be quite happy with those results.:)

Reactions: paulwv and Boriqua

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Dennis, I have done exactly what you propose. I've had for less than 1 year, but, I got a Ruger SR22 in .22 LR, perhaps 18 years ago, and this year I got a Ruger LC9s in 9mm. that are very close in operation. Along with my S&W M-10 and M-66 to shoot .38 Spl.. Guess I'm good to go shooting this year. At 70, I am older, like you, so it's getting to be the 'winter time of my life', I think. (If the aches and pains, and medical problems are any indication! :rolleyes: )

I better get 'in shape'....shooting wise......for the up-coming Jihad! Things are getting pretty tense. I intend to be ready for 'em. :roll:nvpAN Bob

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Good shooting, but . . .

Is your target a 100 yard rifle target? That is a great group, but I don't think it is a 50 yard handgun bullseye target. And yes, at 72 that group by me on any size bullseye is now only a dream. If I took 45 minutes, 2 hands I still couldn't keep all the shots in the black.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's 50 yards standing offhand - or two handed?
Single action I presume?
Pretty impressive pistol shooting no matter how it was done.
With revolvers, I shoot double action. I've been doing that a long-long time. Usually, I now shoot with a two hand hold, age defeats us all. In decades past I shoot strong hand and occasionally weak hand. As I got older, its shooting mainly with a two hand hold. Substantial amounts of Bullseye-shooting ingrains certain procedures that become second nature. One has to be consistent in basics of shooting!:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts