Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To prevent having too many safe queens I try to shoot a different caliber every year at our club pin shoots. After buying a Model 657 from a good friend a few months back it seemed like this would be a good year for the .41 Magnum round. I always take 2 guns just in case so the 657 was joined by my Model 58/57 parts pile. I bought this gun at a pawn shop and paid too much but I figured who else would appreciate the work that went into ruining a nice Model 58. Anyway we shoot steel pins at 20 yards with a 4” round bonus target at 50 yards. You get one shot at the bonus target at the end of the shoot. I shot the 657 the first round and nailed all 25 pins shooting D/A and then nailed the bonus target. The second round I shot the mongrel and missed one pin but hit the bonus for two points so it counts as a perfect score. Shooting D/A with a 3X scope was a little challenging but it’s just a great feeling shooting an old gun with the “coke” grips. And then there’s that lazy ampersand.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Office supplies Bumper Automotive exterior Font Office equipment
As always some great fun with some good friends.

· Registered
12,061 Posts
Hey Mark,

Swell pair of .41 FUN PILL Launch Platforms!!

Good chootin'!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.