Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have mentioned before that I no longer take custom orders but this guy contacted me after seeing some of my work and wanted something for his wife and this is what he wanted.

I have only done this one about 3 other times and enjoyed it so I took the gig. Just heard back that his wife LOVED it so I thought I would share. This was her valentines gift.

Its double layer so its all smooth leather against the gun which makes it more rigid for a longer period of time and helps to protect the guns finish.

The dye is multiple passes with an airbrush so I can get nice variation in color which doesnt show up well in the photo .. I even went in real tight to create shadows on the skulls! :)

I am pretty sure this isnt the crowd for this design but he sent the pic so ..

Latest 686 holster.jpg

latest 686 holster1.jpg

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Very nice detail work, I like it as well.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Beautiful workmanship. The shading is really impressive! It would be nicer without the skulls, but I do understand that is what the customer wanted.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for the kind words. The Thread color is a really warm reddish brown so it matched nice with the design panel but I do have a great scarlet thread and would love to share a pic except I cant remember what I used it on!! :D

Beautiful workmanship. The shading is really impressive! It would be nicer without the skulls, but I do understand that is what the customer wanted.
Here is something you might like then with a somewhat similar feel I think but .. no skulls! Its kind of interesting only because of how it came to be. I was looking at Mediterranean landscape design ... because I am weird that way and found these pix

patio2.jpg

I liked the somewhat random shapes of the stone tiles and the shadows

Then I found a few that were very linear with flower borders like this

patio3.jpg

Then after looking at a bunch more pix ... and I still cant remember why

I came to this

Spanish Influenced Holster Set 12.JPG

20180409132308-87819ab8-me.jpg

It was fun!! I love doing it .. until it became to much like work!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Guess I ought to show my ELABORATE sewing set up too!!! :D

stitching pony.JPG

awls.JPG

Been thinking about making a shoulder holster for myself for YEARS .. All my own stuff is super plain jane but .. I think this week I am going to start it. There are so many different designs that I am not sure how to go? It will be vertical ish ... but I dont know if I want it to attach to the belt on the off side or just go under the armpit. Seems it would chafe like hell just under the arm though .. If anyone has thoughts .. give em to me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts