Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
66update01.jpg 66update02.jpg

I like the new 66-8 so much , I decided to go ahead and make some upgrades to make it a not pretty but more user friendly to my arthritic hands carry revolver. I changed the grips to Hogue Bantam boot grips , added a Hogue extended cylinder release which really makes it easier on my bad thumb , and since I didn't like S&Ws choice of a very short black rear sight blade , I changed to a .146" WO blade. If the new rear works with the .200" front , I'll leave the front alone. If not , I'll get a Dawson .245"H X .100"W fiber optic front. The next step will be a trip to the gunsmith for a smooth and tune of the action. I've shot more full Magnum ammo through this gun than most of my others and it's actually easier on my hands than the 686. Go figure. Love the 66 and it goes on the "keeper" side of my ledger.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I'd recommend the fiber optic front sight. The speed release was made for competition shooting but should work fine in your situation.

·
Registered
22,002 Posts
Very nice. The new grips and thumb release should assist with handling the revolver. The fiber optic front sight will also help. I considered that for my model 360 but chose the big dot tritium sight which works well for aging eyes. Glad the 66 us more user friendly for you. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts