Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a Pachmayer Decelerator-style grip for a Model 36? Apparently the Decelerators are only available for the N frames. Taurus makes one called the Ribber but I was wondering if there is a similar one for a J frame (I already checked out Hogue and Uncle Mike's.). Thanx.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

·
Registered
26,419 Posts
IF you want ugly but functional, look at the Delta ERGO grip.

Reactions: 5150

·
Registered
198 Posts
Might want to take a look at the Pachmayr Compac grips. I've got them on a 36-1 and they were a definite help for me and made the 36 much more enjoyable to shoot and control. Much more hand filling (contoured very well) than the stock grips but not overly so. However they are not a "soft" rubber grip and not as concealable as boot style grips. Composition is similar to the Presentation style grips.

·
Super Moderator
19,913 Posts
Hogue Recoil Tamers are very good grips, designed for the J-frame.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hogue Recoil Tamers are very good grips, designed for the J-frame.
I e-maled Hogue re the Model 36. Their website shows Tamer grips for the Centennial and Bodyguard models but doesn't specifically list the 36. Hopefully they are compatible.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
That first set Jonesy814 provided a link to are the same one's gearchecker is referring to - they used to call them Hogue Tamer grips. They are about the "softest" rubber grips I've ever tried for the J-frame. Either those or the Pachmayr Diamond Pros. The Diamond Pros are a lot bigger than the Hogues though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts