Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got two calls today from the Social Security Administration. When an operator came on they asked, in TERRIBLE English what my name was. First time I said Bob Obama. They hung up.:eek: Next time I said Bob Hedges. They asked me, in really bad English for my SSN. I said it was 357-19-2728. (Get it S&W Revolver collectors?).:cool: They made me repeat it...and hung up.
Bet they were just sure they were gonna steal my identity.
I just love to screw with these idiots.:cool:
Jim

·
Registered
270 Posts
I got a Call from the IRS saying they had a no bail warrant for my arrest and they were coming to get me unless I called a number and paid what I owed. I'm still waiting for them to come and get me.
I got that phone a few times. I laughed and told him to go fk himself. Never got any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’ve gotten those calls myself.. when they say that the police will be there shortly to arrest me I ask how many cops are they sending.?
They always ask why.. I tell them I haven’t killed anyone lately and a bunch of cops will make great witnesses..
High body count means I’ll be the Boss in the Prison..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
I don't answer calls from these scammers or open e-mails from them. They leave message's on my answering machine telling me that my SS account has been frozen but I still get payments to my account.:D Now I get calls about my Microsoft account and that I will be debit for $299 if I don't call. I don't have such an account so I called the number they left and I said I don't have an account and he hung up on me. Scams, he didn't even try to get info from me which I would never give. I guess he didn't like the sound of my voice. Oh he answered the phone as if he was working at Microsoft. This is the first time I ever returned a call and will be my last, I let my curiosity get the better of me.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
I got a Call from the IRS saying they had a no bail warrant for my arrest and they were coming to get me unless I called a number and paid what I owed. I'm still waiting for them to come and get me.
I think these scammer are targeting older people who fall for that crap (I'm older..lol). If I succumbed to ever scam, I'd be destitute and they would still try to scam me. I tend to transfer all mailings to my round file and electronic messages to my electronic round file as well and I get a ton with an active .com website. I mean everyday, at least a dozen panderings.

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
There are probably just enough recent widows and widowers whose spouse handled all the money that are vulnerable. If even a fraction of a percent of people fall for these scams, they win.

These scammers are the scum of the earth, and being protected by a government too lazy to actually put some teeth into enforcing laws against their misuse of the Interstate telephone system. Like "gun control" laws passed by a cynical legislature, they are "feel good" legislation that is not ever enforced against real criminals because it would be too expensive to do so.

Just like our porous borders, this class of legislative lie is at the core of our system, and contributes to corruption of America. Pass a law to seem to "do something" and then ignore the consequences. It's a principle with two hundred forty years of successful operation in our system.

I delete at least half a dozen scam calls from my answering machine every day. Why pick up the phone if it is someone you don't know. I don't enjoy tweaking these people because it has no constructive effect. There are more effective things to do than play with losers.

Of course, if I do answer, I let them know that I charge $100 to listen to their calls, and need their credit card number now please...

·
Registered
199 Posts
My wife got 2 pre-recorded calls yesterday telling her that her S.S. number had been used in Texas. In broken English, she was told to call officer(not call the officer), to confirm. She's gotten the IRS call too, and a couple that say, "A complaint has been filed against you, call us quickly---". It seems like she started getting them after spending time in the hospital. I wonder if they sold her info?
It's really sad that we have to be afraid of any unknown call that comes in now because so many of them are scammers. We have this great tech in cell phones, and I find myself missing the old black plastic desk phones with the rotary dials that only rang when a friend or relative called.

·
Banned
918 Posts
My favorite: "We're calling about better interest rate on your credit card. "

THEN they want my name and info. BUT, if they are calling about giving me a better rate,
don't they already have all that info?

AH-DUH-UH !!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts