Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a revolver in .327 Fed mag, and didn't like the idea of a LCR/LCRx (only available in the 1 7/8" barrel), so was thinking of ordering a 3" SP101 in .327 Fed Mag.

Then, 2 weeks ago, I saw this at the gun show just before it closed on Sunday. The dealer only sells at gun shows (he runs a gunsmithing business from his home), but as he only lives a few miles from me, he agreed to let me come over after payday to buy it.

That was today.... much better pistol in my view!

DSC02200.JPG DSC02198.JPG

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Congrats on scoring that fine revolver! Looks to be in great shape. Range report soon?:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That is nice. I like how the underlug is tapered. Those are my grips of choice for my J frame carry which today is a 649. I have an older SP101 3” in 327 which I do like. Ruger doing the 3”? I seen the 4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,970 Posts
Very ice addition and should be a real shooter.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have a LCRX and. Single Seven in 327 Federal Magnum. They are both fine revolvers. They are accurate and reliable.

Both have dispatched varmints on the ranch with a single shot.

·
Super Moderator
19,714 Posts
Congrats on the acquisition. Nice little wheelgun. I hope it serves you well.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Well, now I want one of those! LOL!!!:D :D :D

Seriously - that is a great looking pistol. And I love the story - How the owner trusted you to show up on payday to make good on your word. That is a common this in Firearms, that overall we treat each other with respect, and that our word means something.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Cool !
You got the light one ,I got the dark one.

Funny FYI facts . The model 632 covered a lot of ground over the years.
Fixed sights and adjustable.
With a hammer and hammerless.
Shrouded ejector, unshrouded ejector.
Factory ported and un-ported.
Aluminum air weight ,and full stainless both light and dark.
32 H&R mag. and 327 FED.
All these variables and still very low production numbers all around.

This is also a 632,,,,,,, but it has little in common.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
You sir have bought a very fine, practical revolver in a caliber that I think is a great idea for cc, etc. Will look forward to a range report, etc. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, I took it out today - it shot very well.

It actually wasn't bad, "firm" recoil but not harsh - similar to "+P" 9mm in my Sig 938, less than my .40S&W Baby Eagle, and similar to or less than .38 Special in a similar gun (much less than .357).

I think I've found my permanent carry piece.

I also shot some .32H&R through it, nice light recoil.
I don't need to shoot any .32 S&W Long - that's what my model 30-1 is for. ;)
And my Single Six in .32 H&R. :p

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Glad it functioned well and that you felt comfortable when shooting. Thanks for the update/range report.:cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice looking revolver but, I must admit, I know very little about the .32/.327. Sounds like a viable defense cartridge??? Inquiring minds wish to know more if you would share.

Gary

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I have a 3" SP-101 in .327 Federal that I trade off sometimes with my Smith 637 as a CC.
That .327 is a snappy little round, and the Ruger can shoot several versions of .32.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

1 - 20 of 21 Posts