Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was prowling through Ali-Babba's website yesterday, while waiting for someone to do something they should have had done when I got there...hummm...that's another story. Anyway, I hit the "used revolver" button expecting to not see much if anything. It's been that way for a while now it seems.

But, this was there. A Colt Official Police, 6" barrel, in 22 LR. It looked somewhat finish worn in the pictures, and it's wearing a cheezy set of fake pearl grips, but I don't think I've ever seen an OP in 22. I knew they existed, but I don't think I've ever seen one. A full sized, fixed sight, 22. Interesting.

I mulled it over...the price was reasonable, especially "in these trying times" and the only 22 I've got now is Heritage Rough Rider. Why not?

I hit the buy it button, filled out the information, and got an email back a few minutes later telling me to come by and pick it up (after paperwork and background check of course). I'll have to inspect it first to and see if I really want it or not, but I'll try to get by there today or tomorrow.

Here's a couple of pictures I swiped off their website. I figure I've paid for the gun, so I bought the pictures too. ;)

Anybody know when Colt went from two screws on the right side to just one? I didn't notice the two until the picture got blown up. I don't have a S/N yet to check the age.

·
Super Moderator
19,959 Posts
Very cool. That will be a fun shooter for sure, and you don't need to be concerned about reducing it's value because it's already been shot.

Congrats on another good acquisition.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I got no idea why the pictures came out like that.

I suspect it's been refinished, but who cares? It's not going to put my great grandkids through college.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Just so happens..

Attachments

·
Registered
21,872 Posts
Congrats, should be a very nice shooter.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure you check the timing on each chamber. A colt that age the timing is suspect.
And this is very good advice. The thing was as out of time as a $2.00 watch. I passed. Sorry for the false alarm. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Dang.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts