Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And thinking I need another 22 semi. I've got boocoo 22 ammo, but don't have a really nice 22 pistol anymore.

So, I see a Ruger MK II, 22/45 on there for $319.00. That doesn't seem like a bad price especially these days, so I click the "buy it now" button, and go by and pick it up yesterday.

I haven't bothered to look it up to see when it was made, but the MK II was a few years ago. It's as clean as a hounds tooth though.

I guess I'll need to get it to the range before too long.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Hey CB,

Those are great!

Our MkII's seem to like the 36gr Federal "Bulk" ammo....

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
1993 -1994
It is not a MKII, it is a 22/45

Nice find!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had the same type gun many years ago. Shot thousands of rounds of different types of .22 ammo and it ate them all. It was an excellent shooter!!! Looks good too.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I had the same type gun many years ago. Shot thousands of rounds of different types of .22 ammo and it ate them all. It was an excellent shooter!!! Looks good too.
There was one brand that my 22-45 would not digest, when every other .22 I owned shot it flawlessly. Winchester Xpert. That ammo would not drive the bolt back far enough for the ejector to hit the empty case and would put the empty case right back in the chamber. Next squeeze of the trigger resulted in a 'click.' If I made a point of looking for the ejected case in my peripheral vision, I could tell when it ejected a case and when it didn't.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I could be wrong, but, isn't alibaba's website from Communist China?

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could be wrong, but, isn't alibaba's website from Communist China?
It's from the part that's in Hanover County, Virginia, just north of Richmond. :)

"Ali-Babba's" is my pet name for my local gunshop. The home of the forty thieves. I started calling them that many years ago, when they always seemed to find something I just couldn't live without. As you can see, they haven't stopped yet.

They can be found online at Green Top Hunt and Fish.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It's from the part that's in Hanover County, Virginia, just north of Richmond. :)

"Ali-Babba's" is my pet name for my local gunshop. The home of the forty thieves. I started calling them that many years ago, when they always seemed to find something I just couldn't live without. As you can see, they haven't stopped yet.

They can be found online at Green Top Hunt and Fish.
Thank you CajunBass for the explanation, dang, 40 thieves, that's funny.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
And thinking I need another 22 semi. I've got boocoo 22 ammo, but don't have a really nice 22 pistol anymore.

So, I see a Ruger MK II, 22/45 on there for $319.00. That doesn't seem like a bad price especially these days, so I click the "buy it now" button, and go by and pick it up yesterday.

View attachment 500702

View attachment 500703

I haven't bothered to look it up to see when it was made, but the MK II was a few years ago. It's as clean as a hounds tooth though.

I guess I'll need to get it to the range before too long.

Looking at their site they are fairly priced given the market mate..

thewelshm

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking at their site they are fairly priced given the market mate..

thewelshm
I've always thought they were, but when dealing with the stuff I usually buy, the fact that they have it at all is a big plus. Normally they'll dicker a little, but that's sort of out of the window now. They don't have much stock at all, and people are standing in line to get to the counter. Not much incentive to be in a hurry to move the inventory. When I sell a gun now, I'm the same way.

Reactions: msharley
1 - 14 of 14 Posts