Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,689 Posts
I have no wait time. In GA, the carry license requires no further checks. I point to the gun and take it home in 10 minutes.

Please understand that the carry license (known as the Georgia Weapons Carry License) requires a much more careful background check. We also have to submit to fingerprints at the local Police Station.

I am clean except for those speeding tickets. They got me 'going downhill when not wasting carbon emissions'. Plus +, no one goes the speed limit around here.

I got passed by a $80K Tesla today. She was in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
11,641 Posts
Hey... as far as NICS goes... you're in good company with 39,695,615 other Americans in 2020...

That's about 13 percent of our population. About half are new to firearms ownership.

Now, how's that Dan Wesson in hand?

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Our carry license (CHL) is NICS compliant so it serves as our check when we buy a gun. I had to renew my license last month. It took less than 15 minutes to walk out with my new signed plastic picture card.
It’s good for 5 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Virginia has a Bolshevik Governor "Sheets" Northam, so naturally background checks take considerably longer than when we had a Republican Governor !!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Took maybe 10 minutes earlier this week when I picked up a detective special. Made a stop at Cabelas today. About all they had were a few semi autos in the $1400 plus range, a couple of Kimber revolver’s, and a S&W 500 that you would need an engine hoist to lift up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
He was telling me over the last week approvals are taking up to 9 hrs.wow mine was going to take 3 so I’ll pick it up tomorrow but the guns lock up is like a bank vault and it will clean up like new. He is selling ammo and guns like the Dickens..

Thewelshm
This past Wed I picked up 2. Cost $40 and took 10 minutes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey... as far as NICS goes... you're in good company with 39,695,615 other Americans in 2020...

That's about 13 percent of our population. About half are new to firearms ownership.

Now, how's that Dan Wesson in hand?
When I was 13, my father took me to meet Dan B. Wesson at his plant in Monson, MA. Dan was a seaplane pilot and I was an aviation nut so we had that in common. DBW gave me a book signed by him called, "Non Dare Call It Conspiracy." DBW was an ardent Patriot on all levels. My Dad, Dwayne W. Charron (http://www.mljwsw.com/) shared DBW's passion for our country. My father, as well as my son and I, are/were hard-core Trump supporters and we both carry. It is somehow fitting that my father and DBW are buried for eternity 100 ft. from each other at Hillcrest Cemetery in Spfld. Ma.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My purchase today took about an hour from walking in to walking out - and that included me running to the Credit Union a couple of miles away to get cash because the store's card reader was inop!

The "background check" consisted of a phone call to the State Bureau of Criminal Identification, which took all of about 2 minutes (after a 10-minute wait in the call queue) - and that was with the clerk on the other end having to call up two CCW numbers... mine and that of the other guy who was picking up a firearm.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts