Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was telling me over the last week approvals are taking up to 9 hrs.wow mine was going to take 3 so I’ll pick it up tomorrow but the guns lock up is like a bank vault and it will clean up like new. He is selling ammo and guns like the Dickens..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
That would be? Hmmmm?

DAN WESSON?

·
Registered
15,300 Posts
Wow, last check for me took 3 minutes and I thought that was long. Didn't think Florida was taking that long.

·
Premium Member
11,542 Posts
Slow planned and savored rewards are often more tasty than the fast food.

Here, our CCH permit is also our background check at a state level. NICS takes 45 seconds.

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Yeah, we have a 10 day wait now for handguns and semi-autos since they are being done by the local PDs instead of NICs. Shotguns, lever guns, and single-shots are still NICs.
I read that last month set a new record for NICs checks, so its no wonder they are taking longer.

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
I should add that in PA we have PICS, the Pennsylvania Instant Check Service. Most normal times it is a 10 minute or less wait, but apparently it could be hours currently

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had one in October that took 2 days, the one I bought last month took 45 minutes. When I bought the one last month there was a lady there that had been waiting over 5 hours. It's very erratic to say the least.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Local shop here sold 47 Guns in December n 20 working days. Only one box of ammo however per purchase of a gun

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up the DW 357 pics didn’t do it justice and cylinders have dust in them :) I wouldn’t want to have seen the sellers underwear. Can’t wait to clean it up and post pics, it should be 99%. Looking forward to shooting it..

Thewelshm

·
Super Moderator
19,533 Posts
Most background checks today here in Tennessee were approved before the customer could finish filling out thier portion of the 4473. I had 1 denial, and one that went pending. That one took about 5 minutes to get the approval.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts