Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've often said I couldn't decide rather I like the Model 19 or the Model 15 more. I'm still not sure, but it appears the Model 19's are edging ahead on points. I'm up to four to one, 19's favor now, after picking this one up yesterday.

It's a -3 from about 1970. It has a few flaws, a little muzzle wear and such, but has really nice trigger, and locks up tight as new. It was kinda funky when I got it home, but a few minutes work with Flitz and Ren Wax made it presentable for mixed company.

Once again, I found myself in a position of not wanting to stand in line to get to the handgun counter, so I checked Ali-Babba's online site, and saw the Model 19. I knew it was a lost cause and hit the "buy it" button and went by later in the evening to pick it up.

I might be in trouble now that I've found out I can do that. :)

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I've often said I couldn't decide rather I like the Model 19 or the Model 15 more. I'm still not sure, but it appears the Model 19's are edging ahead on points. I'm up to four to one, 19's favor now, after picking this one up yesterday.

It's a -3 from about 1970. It has a few flaws, a little muzzle wear and such, but has really nice trigger, and locks up tight as new. It was kinda funky when I got it home, but a few minutes work with Flitz and Ren Wax made it presentable for mixed company.

Once again, I found myself in a position of not wanting to stand in line to get to the handgun counter, so I checked Ali-Babba's online site, and saw the Model 19. I knew it was a lost cause and hit the "buy it" button and went by later in the evening to pick it up.

Hey CB,

Great SCORE!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
shoot her in good health mate..

thewelshm

·
Registered
21,916 Posts
Excellent addition. I look at it differently as it could be that it takes 4 19 to equal 1 model 15. Oh well just enjoy shooting them.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What, who where is Al Babbas???

Website??
"Ali-Babbas House O' Guns" is my pet name for my favorite gun store (They are the home of the 40 thieves.) Obviously it's tongue in cheek, they're really a great company to work with. Some people say their prices are high, but on the other hand, they have the stuff we look for. When you don't have it, you can sell it as cheap as you want to.

Green Top Hunt and Fish, Glenn Allen, Va. (Just north of Richmond at Exit 86 off I-95. You can search for them under that name. They have used guns listed on line, but the inventory comes and goes so fast it's not always up to date.

·
Registered
571 Posts
"Ali-Babbas House O' Guns" is my pet name for my favorite gun store (They are the home of the 40 thieves.) Obviously it's tongue in cheek, they're really a great company to work with. Some people say their prices are high, but on the other hand, they have the stuff we look for. When you don't have it, you can sell it as cheap as you want to.

Green Top Hunt and Fish, Glenn Allen, Va. (Just north of Richmond at Exit 86 off I-95. You can search for them under that name. They have used guns listed on line, but the inventory comes and goes so fast it's not always up to date.
Nice revolver. Now you have to wait for the day when you can buy the ultimate Combat Magnum, a 4 screw Pre M19. Big Larry

·
Registered
5,263 Posts

Thanks, I had tried searching and came up with nothing, other than lots of none gun stuff.:)

Yes, much like all my local Pawn/Gun shops, Thieves!

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice revolver. Now you have to wait for the day when you can buy the ultimate Combat Magnum, a 4 screw Pre M19. Big Larry
I was close at one time. I had a 19 "no dash" from 1960 IIRC, but sold it to someone who wanted it more than I did.

The closest I have now is this one, four screw 19-1, from 61?...62...somewhere in there.

If an older one comes along...maybe...

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was close at one time. I had a 19 "no dash" from 1960 IIRC, but sold it to someone who wanted it more than I did.

The closest I have now is this one, four screw 19-1, from 61?...62...somewhere in there.

View attachment 491982

View attachment 491983

If an older one comes along...maybe...
I have a 1960 vintage M19 4 screw, that is like new in the box. I also have a 1st year Combat Magnum that is near new in the box. They are two of my favorite revolvers and would never consider their sale. You have a fine revolver there. Big Larry

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
you are not unarmed with a model 19 mate.

thewelshm

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,425 Posts

Can I come with you next time? :)

thewelshm

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
31,561 Posts
Beautiful! Congrats and enjoy that fine 19.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts