Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
And the first thing I see is a Model 24-6, (N-frame, 44 special) with a 3" barrel and aftermarket stocks. My buddy behind the counter tells me it's got a nicer trigger than a Python. Well...it's got a DARN nice trigger anyway. It also has the box (plastic clamshell). I was in sort of a hurry, but I put some money down to hold it until I get a chance to go back and get a good look at it. It's got an aftermarket front sight apparently. I've never seen a factory sight like this anyway.

24-6.jpg

24-6a.jpg

I'm hoping the original grips are in the box, but I didn't think to check. I was on my way out the door.

Registered
Great looking revolver! I'd probably dislocate my shoulder reaching for my wallet. Please...more pics after you bring it home.:)

Registered
Now that would be the perfect mate to my 696, well almost, The 696 is a 5 shot L frame, that baby is a true N frame six shooter! My 625 snubby has a very similar front sight, except the front is more rounded and the rear has a brass dot, which would look excellent on that beauty.

I just don't get that kind of quality in my local Ali-Babba's, just a bunch of worn down Tauruses (Tauri?) and some worn out Rossi's. You best keep paying on that until it gets to come home with you. I'd love to have it, just like it is.

Premature Congratulations (I can say that can't I?)

Registered
Good 'ol Ali-Babbas! Let us know if you keep her.

Registered
I stopped by the Gun Rack to pick up some more Winchester White Box 9mm 147 Gr. JHP. Norm told me that he's been running out of ammo, and has to get more. But he had plenty of what I wanted. It's good ammo, and I've been using it in my .38's for 40 years! I'm pretty well stocked up with .38's.

I buy one box of 9mm. at time, because I enjoy the drive up there. I shoot it sparingly. When I drive near the range, I put up a target, and I shoot both mags. I'm there for 1/2 hour.......got to keep my edge! ;) ( What edge???? At least, I can consistantly hit the target at 10'-15'!!! nbhaofnvpAN ) THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS for the time being. nvonjvila I've always said that I'm not a Target Shooter anyway. Bob

Registered
I saw a sweet looking Ruger GP100 3" bbl. in .44 Spl., but I collect S&W's. They had a few of those too. In .38/.357......my favorite. kfjdrfirii:roll:eek:ja;n Bob

Registered
That is a great looking gun. Would vote to be all over that one with or without original grips. Good luck.

Reactions: Curt360

Registered
CB , you have found my grail gun. You are one lucky fella , well done.

Premium Member
I have avoided that place lately. Other items need my cash! Thanks for taking care of that for me, Hank. Nice find! Good luck with the stocks.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #16
I have avoided that place lately. Other items need my cash! Thanks for taking care of that for me, Hank. Nice find! Good luck with the stocks.
Then stay away a while longer. They bought a entire collection. One whole case filled with Smith and Wesson revolvers. Most are newer models, but they are in VERY good condition if not better than that. I didn't look at the others closely. Two or three (more) 24's, a 21, 28, 27, 15's, 14, a couple three J-frame 22's. Two or three of the Heritage series revolvers, the ones with the case hardened frames...I don't remember them all. Must have been a dozen or so.

Oh....RC...one of the other 24's is a -3, with a 3" barrel. ;)

Premium Member
Thanks!! I may slip by there today. Did I hear you say some of those Smiths were getting lonesome? Hank

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
鈥淎li-Babba鈥檚 House O Guns鈥 is my 鈥減et name鈥 for my local gun shop. Green Top in Richmond, Va.. It鈥檚 the home of 鈥渢he forty thieves 鈥. VERY tongue in cheek you understand.

Great place unless you鈥檙e hooked on S&W. They always have something interesting in there.

Registered
Those 3鈥 44s are super cool. Are you going to replace the sights and grips or leave it as is?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts