Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K... I purchased the SD9VE pistol and I am extremely happy with it, except for the trigger pull... I have ordered the APEX Trigger Spring kit for the pistol and my question is this... How hard is the Spring Kit to install ??? I'm 78 and not the most mechanically inclined individual. Can I install this myself or should I take it to a S&W gunsmith...??? Also, does the trigger spring kit make a noticeable difference in the trigger pull..?? I would like to get it down to my 9mm Shield pull weight..
Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
All I can speak to is at 53 yr old there's a lot of small pieces for my old eyes. I changed my friends SD40VE trigger springs a few years ago. Don't know if I'd do it again. Car parts are as small as I want to chase around anymore. Could not speak to comparing it to a Shield but I do know it made a noticeable improvement in it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I've got one and initially thought I'd do the trigger change out.

Instead, I kept shooting it and now actually like the long trigger pull.

So, if you don't feel up to changing out the trigger yourself, shoot it more and you may like me, end up liking it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Have you ever rone trigger work before DaveS? If so, based upon this MCARCO video, a trigger replacement should be easy peasy. But if you've never done one, it can be daunting. I suggest you watch a few instructional videos, rightly judge your skills and your tools, and you can decide your path forward.
O.K... I purchased the SD9VE pistol and I am extremely happy with it, except for the trigger pull... I have ordered the APEX Trigger Spring kit for the pistol and my question is this... How hard is the Spring Kit to install ??? I'm 78 and not the most mechanically inclined individual. Can I install this myself or should I take it to a S&W gunsmith...??? Also, does the trigger spring kit make a noticeable difference in the trigger pull..?? I would like to get it down to my 9mm Shield pull weight..
Thanks

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts