Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the above model .45acp 4” Shield on the way, but there’s not a lot of specifics available that I have found so far. This is my first Shield! Does anyone know where I can find the following info:

1. What model red dot sight is included?

2. What is the optical sight base milling - for Romeo Zero? For a compact Shield brand optic? I have a Holosun 507K on order that I was hoping to use, but don’t know what plates come with pistol.

If all else fails, I‘ll give SWPC a call, but hate to bother them if someone already knows this stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,795 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Not a lot of real detail, but it appears to possibly be either Trijicon RMSc or Shield SMSc — likely the latter as it has polymer frame and therefore cheaper than aluminum frame RMSc. Both or either is OK as they share mounting footprint with 507K. Footprints/Mounting Standards on Red Dot Sights - Optics info. I may just have to wait and see. The identifying side markings for Trijicon or Shield are missing - typical of pre-distribution photos. The forecasted delivery dates for 507K are flexible, tentative and vague. I know: “Patience, Grasshopper.” 🙄

·
Registered
80 Posts
If all else fails, I‘ll give SWPC a call, but hate to bother them if someone already knows this stuff.
The literature from S&W says absolutely nothing about the make and model of the red dot. Call S&W and get the info directly from the source rather than guesses from us. We don't know either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Well, the Shield PC 4” .45acp arrived with unattached red dot. Great pistol, and I’m anxious to take it to the range when that reopens. Very nice fit in the hand and I may even keep the trigger!

The red dot appears to be a Shield Mini Sight SMS but no markings. Ziplock containing sight has S&W logo; instructions are nearly identical to those online for SMS. I will likely break in the pistol without the red dot and then put on Holosun 507K when that arrives late this month or possibly next. Keeping my fingers crossed regarding early-production-model gremlins and such. If too many problems with Holosun I might give the oem “SMS“ a try. I’ll be curious to hear other reports.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts