Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I purchased a Smith Wesson Model 910 Riot shot gun. 18 inch Barrel 5 shot. The gun has a brushed nickle receiver and stainless steel barrel. I understand that very few of these were ever made and were a special order by an agency. The gun is in 100% new in box and non fired. Anybody know anything about what agency it may have been produced for and approx. current value.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill try to get some pics in the next few days. My camera is in the shop being repaired and my cell phone camera takes horrible pictures. The receiver of the gun may be an industrial hard chrome but the barrel is stainless steel.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
If I'm reading my books right they were only made in 1972. No idea of value or who they were made for. Later sporting versions were made by Howa in Japan & marketed by S&W starting in the mid 80's.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been to hundreds of gun shows and have never seen a one at any of them. Plenty of blued 916s but NO stainless steel ones. . A Smith Wesson person at a local trade show said that they were made to compete against the Winchester Mariner shotgun but the production cost was to high and the ceased production. Only a few ever made it into the market place. But that is all I know. Ill try to get some pic on line..

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Years ago I purchased a Smith Wesson Model 910 Riot shot gun. 18 inch Barrel 5 shot. The gun has a brushed nickle receiver and stainless steel barrel. I understand that very few of these were ever made and were a special order by an agency. The gun is in 100% new in box and non fired. Anybody know anything about what agency it may have been produced for and approx. current value.
Layne you have an older thread 4/23/2016 about Model 916
photo916.jpg

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Layne you have an older thread 4/23/2016 about Model 916
View attachment 386591
Yep Published in 2016 . Trying to find out more information at that time. Smith Wesson has been no help. Deny they ever made a Stainless Steel Shot gun but I have two of them. . Recently found out that some one else has one. Some one has said that it was made by Nobel shot gun?? But like the model 28 in Satin Nickel they are tough to nail down. these two have sequencial serial numbers.. still trying to solve the Stainless Steel Mystery ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Layne12gun Here is a picture of mine, along with another 916A which appears to be nickel plated, except for the trigger assembly and magtube. Perhaps a special model? IMG_3426.jpg

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I See your two models are different The top gun has the rifle sight and the rubber recoil buffer pad. the bottom gun as the no chrome magazine tube and plain bead sights. and no butt pad. Also the tube is the 4 shot tube and not the extended .Also the blued trigger guard and trigger while the top gun like mine has the nickel trigger guard and gold trigger . Still interesting the denial that these guns were produced by Smith . i believe that they were made under contract by some one else .. But that it my guess. But they do not appear in any books !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts