Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up on GB last week, it will arrive tomorrow! What is it? It was marked as a
".32 S&W Regulation Police Model 31 Hand Ejector revolver NICE C&R." I don't think that is what it is. I don't think the cylinder thumb latch is original so it will be changed. It will be a shooter. I got it to go along with my other Smith & Wesson HE and RP.

My Regulation Police.

Revolver Finger Camera accessory Font Gun barrel

The one I got on GB last week.

Body jewelry Dumbbell Audio equipment Peripheral Wood

Plant Wood Tree Trunk Wood stain
Hand Wood Automotive tire Plant Table
Bicycle part Wood Metal Gun accessory Revolver
Trigger Wood Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Wood Bullet Font Gas Motor vehicle

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Ammunition
Revolver Gas Gun accessory Metal Bullet

· Registered
3,114 Posts
The revolver from GB is not a Regulation Police Model. It appears to be a 32 S&W Long Hand Ejector Model. I do not have my book nearby so can not help with the year.

Nice little revolver and in my favorite barrel length for the I and J frame.

Kevin

edit, Just reread the description. From the images supplied, I can not tell if it is a Model stamped revolver or not. When you get it, look for that stamping.

Either way, still a nice revolver.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The revolver from GB is not a Regulation Police Model. It appears to be a 32 S&W Long Hand Ejector Model. I do not have my book nearby so can not help with the year.

Nice little revolver and in my favorite barrel length for the I and J frame.

Kevin

edit, Just reread the description. From the images supplied, I can not tell if it is a Model stamped revolver or not. When you get it, look for that stamping.

Either way, still a nice revolver.

Inside the yoke is no model number stamp. Should be able to pick it up from the FFL tomorrow. Tracking shows it sitting at the PO. So it's a J Frame HE? Thought all HE's where I frame. I have a RP and the back of the grip is notched for the grip and it is an "I" frame. Is the thumb latch original or should it have the other kind, not a flat latch. Either way I bought it to shoot. Thanks.

Wood Metal Human leg Art High heels

Bicycle part Tire Automotive tire Rim Auto part

· Registered
3,114 Posts
As mention3, an I frame.

“…Don’t need another I frame…”.

BLASPHEMY!!!

While most know of my enjoyment of the ACP, N frame, I also very much enjoy the little 32 S&W Long HE. So much that I commissioned a special holster for it.

Revolver Gun accessory Wood Metal Fashion accessory

Sleeve Wood Tints and shades Artifact Font

That itty bitty revolver just disappears on my belt. And weighs less than a parsnip even with six rounds in it. No, it has not replaced my S&W Model 22-4 but it has ridden along for fun!

Kevin

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As mention3, an I frame.

“…Don’t need another I frame…”.

BLASPHEMY!!!

While most know of my enjoyment of the ACP, N frame, I also very much enjoy the little 32 S&W Long HE. So much that I commissioned a special holster for it.

View attachment 579825

View attachment 579826

That itch bitty revolver just disappears on my belt. And weighs less than a parsnip even with six rounds in it. No, it has not replaced my S&W Model 22-4 but it has ridden along for fun!

Kevin
Already got two "I" frames an HE and a RP. Don't need another I thought it was a "J"Frame.
My hand ejector was likely made in 1917 or 1919 and the regulation police was made in 1924. Hand ejector is not heat treated but the regulation police is. Custom grips "J" frame from E bay from Taiwan.
Gas Revolver Wood Metal Gun accessory

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep another "I" Frame Hand Eject New Model. Top strap is thicker, front and rear sights are thicker and more defined, Cylinder walls are thicker. No patent date on the top of the barrel. Coil mainspring instead of flat spring. Thumb latch will be replaced. Barrel rifling is perfect. Looks like it lived most of it's life in a nightstand drawer. After market "J" frame grips feel a lot better.

Trigger Wood Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Shotgun

Revolver Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

· Registered
17,634 Posts
Yep another "I" Frame Hand Eject New Model. Top strap is thicker, front and rear sights are thicker and more defined, Cylinder walls are thicker. No patent date on the top of the barrel. Coil mainspring instead of flat spring. Thumb latch will be replaced. Barrel rifling is perfect. Looks like it lived most of it's life in a nightstand drawer. After market "J" frame grips feel a lot better.

View attachment 580248
View attachment 580247
View attachment 580249
View attachment 580250
I don't know about you, but those Thai grip makers sure know how to make a grip that fits well in my hand. I have 8 or 9 sets. If you ever want to change the color to a bit less orange, it's easy to do. They use some kind of a red tinted shellac. It comes right off with an acetone dip and a toothbrush. The acetone evaporates off in a few minutes then you can hit them with some stain and tung oil. A dark stain works best as the wood itself has a red/ orange color

1 - 12 of 12 Posts