Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Wiregrassguy! Wow1979 the guy i bought it from wasn't sure but though it was from late 60s-early 70s said It was from his bestfriends Father's estate and was believed to have never been fired like new condition 8 3/8" barrel with display case and all paper words. Everything looks great from the pictures, i should receive it Monday.

· Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Very nice! What year is your 29? This is a photo of mine from Gun Broker, can you tell me what years the cases changed?
I no longer have the M29-2 8-3/8" gun and case. It was from 1980 and I acquired it with all the original packaging, including the shipping to distributor box. So, I know the wooden box is original. Since yours is from 1979 and mine was from 1980, apparently the box design changed for 1980.

· Registered
11,119 Posts
Greetings mate partial to a 29 myself....

thewelshm

Attachments

· Registered
717 Posts
I've seen some presentation cases on eBay some around $100 and some of them are pretty pricey as much as $500
The $100 ones are usually missing their internals. I think I paid $300 for a minty one for my 4" Nickel 25-5. I also had a custom made box for my M1911A1 Colt, actually better than a S&W box. I think it was around $300. Had it made for my 1943 Colt and a box of 1943 GI Ball ammo. Big Larry

· Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Joe Cebull (jcelect on the Blue Forum) refurbishes older S&W presentation cases. He often puts them up on eBay...when he has some that haven't sold. PM me for an email address if you are serious about one of his cases or if wanting your case refurbished.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.