Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one of these puppies, but i noticed that the barrel is more "dull" in the finish than the rest of the gun, not as polished, is this normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't think so. I always thought the frame and barrel were blued as an assembly but maybe that isn't true. My guess is the barrel has been replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. I always thought the frame and barrel were blued as an assembly but maybe that isn't true. My guess is the barrel has been replaced.
No, its a brand new gun, directly from S&W..well, trough a gun dealer in Denmark :)

·
Registered
9,562 Posts
I've seen S&W's that the barrel and cylinder matched but the frame was slightly a different hue to the bluing. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen S&W's that the barrel and cylinder matched but the frame was slightly a different hue to the bluing. I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks, I wrote to the dealer, he told me that all of his new M25 is not polished on the barrel, guess its Ok then :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don’t know about the m25 but I handled a model 19 classic. If I recall the finish was fairly uniform but it’s not a bright polished blue like older S&W.

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Any pics of the Model 25? We'd like to see what your describing. Also..we just love gun pics.:D

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I have a 25-15 and the bluing is consistent over the entire gun. Not the high polish of older guns , but very good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts