Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Smith and Wesson Model 65 Stainless 357 magnum, which model started full time with the round butt. I've been told the 65-4 is square and when starts the round butt on the 4 inch barrel guns.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
the square butt feature was deleted in 1995-1996. that would make the earlier 65-4 available in square butt, but the later 65-4 in round but only. The 65-5 in 1998 would be the first production in round butt only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am looking for one as that will be a potential custom project. The 4 inch barrel offers more for the gunsmith to work on at least that is what I have been told.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Chris,
There must not be a whole heck of a lot of difference between the round butt and the square butt (dimensionally) 'cause my 65-3 should be a square butt, but.........it sure is small and rounded on the corners. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of a 65 round or square butt without the grips, would you? That would help me since I'm more of a "visual" learner. confused02

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
kijnbfa cCharlie... I don't have a picture, nor can I find one online...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Charlie said:
Thanks for looking. I've got a picture of mine (square butt) but I'd like to compare them. One will show up sooner or later.
Well, I'm wrong again (I hate that when it happens but I'm really gettin' used to it!) The square and round butt comparison pic is shown below. My 65-3, 3" is a round butt. Duh....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts