Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S+W 625 JM with a converted cylinder in .460 Rowland, recoil is mild even with the 230 gr, .460 Rowland so follow up shots in DBL action are easy.

Also looking at the SMITH & WESSON 629 V-COMP 44 MAG 4.25 but wonder if the comp realy tames down the .44 mag for follow up shots or just stick with the S+W 625 for easy shooting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... and004.jpg

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
If you reload you can down load the 44 mag to around 1050 fps or less and its very pleasant to shoot, and you still have some decent power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nframe not into reloading yet and want full power in the .44mag.
I was looking for a .44mag gun that would be as easy for follow up shots as the S+W 625 .460 Rowland round , but might get a Puma Bounty Hunter 24" .44mag instead or have my gunsmith cut the barrel to 12-14" thou I would need a $200 tax licence . The short rifle/pistol could offer me more control then a revolver.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Ah, I think if you want full power a longer barrel 44 would be better than the 4".. That cut down Puma sounds cool.

Might also look for a 6" revolver and try that out though the lever gun would give you more rounds!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts