Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty excited about this purchase. Always wanted one of these guys but never came across one until today. Seller says mint; we will see. Only my second "N" frame. This one weighs in at 40oz with its 5" barrel. Should have in hand in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. S/N puts it in the 1954 time frame.

image hosting site
on screen keyboard online free

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Hey K22,

Great score!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and K22

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
You'll like it. The Underwood +p Keith load is a pretty good match for the original Hi-Speed load these were built for.
Mine's a prewar but it was dead bang on with the Underwoods.

Reactions: K22

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Nice looking postwar HD. I have one, also a 5”. From what I have found on the forum, the Postwar 5” is not all that common. After the war, the 4” barrel was preferred. Who knows?

Here’s mine, not as well preserved but still shoots to the sights

with proper ammo. In my case, the “Skeeter” load is the reload of choice.
Kevin

·
Registered
14,536 Posts
Thats a really great looking heavy duty. Don't you want to know if you can shoot Plus P ammo out of it? Well, a little won't hurt, if you can stand the recoil. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a really great looking heavy duty. Don't you want to know if you can shoot Plus P ammo out of it? Well, a little won't hurt, if you can stand the recoil. ;)
I might do six rounds just to see what it feels like. +P's are too expensive to punch holes in paper with. :) I'll stick with some nice tame 158 or 148 grain wad cutters.

Reactions: OldFarmBoy

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, this really is a shot on the entire revolver.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
I'd be too tempted to have the cylinder reamed for .357s to own it. Great condition guns are getting scarce and expensive.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd be too tempted to have the cylinder reamed for .357s to own it. Great condition guns are getting scarce and expensive.
****, with the improvements in 38 special ammo, I see no need to alter a classic revolver. Ya don't want to
****, with the improvements with the current 38 special ammo I see no need to stress any quality vintage revolver. There is no reason to damage resale value.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Not bad a'tall. ;)

Reactions: K22

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just found out the revolver shipped Jan 1955. Makes it a touch over 65 years old

Reactions: Cliff and CajunBass

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got a box for this guy on Gunbroker. Everything matches (except the s/n). None on the box so I can have at it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts