Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently acquired a Smith Wesson Model 32 Revolver, I believe to be Nickle plates. Revolver shows wear but over all in decent condition. Attached are some pictures, seeing if anyone has any history on pistol. It appears the grip might not be original. Showing serial Number 39248 on the yoke. Under the barrel it has another number of B 517094 and on the cylinder it also has 517094. If nothing else would like to find a pair of grips for this pistol as getting redone will probably depreciation its value.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What's the number on the butt?
You might have to take the grip panels off to see it.

·
Premium Member
20,721 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! If there is no serial number on the front of the metal grip frame, it is a .32 Hand Ejector from the late 1920's or early 1930's. The grips are aftermarket round to square butt conversion and extension grips. Original grips would have been black hard rubber. The number 517094 is the serial number and you should find it on the butt with the grips off. It has been poorly refinished...looks like a belt sander was used on it before it was dipped in nickel. The gun was originally blue and the hammer and trigger were originally case colored, not plated. These are fun guns to shoot...if you can find any ammo.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Hey 32,

Welcome to S&W!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Smith and Wesson, you may have not liked the comment about a belt sander being used on it but dang, it was funny...
Welcome

Reactions: 45acp230

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I’m sure Guy’s comment about the belt sander was just his honest appraisal. I have to agree, it sure looks like it! The good news is, you can’t damage that piece with a reblue job! Hank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts