Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this 29-2 4-inch barreled M29 today. I haven't really had a chance to clean it up, but I did throw a set of Patrick Grashorn's stag grips on. I can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Very nice.... One of my personal favorites.... Mid-Range Loads with 240-250 grn. cast lead bullets at around 1,000 Fps are managable to shoot and usually very accurate.... Great Belt Gun.....

Drew

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wrecked a couple of those in the 80's... before I came to my senses and shot loads more along the lines of Drew's advice. They are still my favorite all around revolver.

Ya done good. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
These guns will run forever without a hic-up on a steady diet of 9.0 Unique under a Cast Lead 250 Grn. Keith.... doesn't even need a magnum primer....

And you can shoot it all day long without discomfort, even with Magna pattern grips...

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
I was re-visiting your range photos and went back to these, this really is a beautiful looking weapon. I have one .44 Mag, and frankly got it to find a "Dirty Harry" look alike, but now your pictures are feeding that elusive itch that needs to be eventually scratched for a shorter barrel version. Thanks, I think! ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
David, I think a 4" N frame is one of the prettiest DA six-guns around! Nice catch. Frank

·
Registered
829 Posts
One more 29-2

·
Registered
19,828 Posts
Dave, Clean it up?........it looks fine to me. I like to see guns that are shot regularly. (All of mine have that "shot" look. ;)) Very nice addition to your collection. Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts