Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the forum, but wanted to see if I can get some help. I have a 1000m that I picked up used a few years ago. It won't cycle loads (light or heavy, 2 3/4 or 3). I'm aware of the common rubber washer/shock absorber problem and it doesn't seem to be that. I've also disassembled and cleaned nearly everything. Butt stock taken off and cleaned. Took piston and shock absorber out. Cleaned everything and reinstalled piston dry as seems to be the recommendation. The shock absorber might not be original. It doesn't look like ones I've seen that I can purchase.

What else can I try to get it to cycle? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,362 Posts
Were these made by SKB? If so, a schematic for either might help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've double checked the assembly schematic, the piston slides side to side when the bolt is back. I've done about everything I've found on different forums and message boards. Just trying to figure out if I'm missing something else. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
The S&W Autos have had endemic and systemic problems. I know of a fan who owned 3. One at the gunsmith, one in his hands and and an immediate back up in the car. That way he ensured uninterupted bird shooting with his favored piece.That was a generation ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts