Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering adding a S&W Model 24 to the pile, probably with a 6" bbl. I currently have a Model 28 and like the size/heft of the gun. Any inputs about the pros and cons of this model would be appreciated. I find that shooting the 44 Special cartridge is pleasant and would like a gun dedicated to that particular ammo. What say ye?

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
I can't think of a single reason not to want that model 24. The 44 Special is light to shoot with a big enough bullet to get the job done quickly, and without waste.
Mine is a 4" madel

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone tell me how much a mod 24 with the 6 1/" bbl weighs? I've seen weight ranges from about 40 oz up to around 50 oz. I have a Ruger Redhawk 4" that weighs in around 47 oz. A similar sized gun that weighs in a bit lighter, say maybe around 41 or 42 oz would be close to ideal.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Mine al all "Pre's" and they're all 6 1/2".
But I love them anyway. :)

Reactions: Cliff and msharley

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Hey 44,

How'd you get them all scratched up?

VERY. VERY SWEET!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like this 24 so much . The fact that they made it a square butt makes it comfortable to shoot . The down side is they only made 250 each of the blue and the nickel . I have been sorely tempted every time I see a shiny one up for sale but they are going for almost twice what I paid for this one . I SWEAR THE NEXT TIME I DO ...:devilish:
The fact that I have a perfect holster for it doesn't help . A Simply Rugged Tribute

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.