Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this old shooter outside yesterday, where I surely wished it was warmer and considerably less windy. Instead of the bench I just decided to shoot it offhand at 15 yards using factory Winchester 100 grain loads.
Shoots like a dream and I wish I had gotten one sooner.

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
You must have wanted to shoot that gun alot more than I. Don't know as I would want a gun for Christmas and have to wait 'till Spring thaw to shoot it :lol:

Had an old Remington 1 1/2 Rolling Block in 32 WCF. It was like shooting a 22 in that rifle. Managed to shoot a coyote with it kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
David Lapell said:
I took this old shooter outside yesterday, where I surely wished it was warmer and considerably less windy. Instead of the bench I just decided to shoot it offhand at 15 yards using factory Winchester 100 grain loads.
Shoots like a dream and I wish I had gotten one sooner.
I have two, a 5" and 6 1/2". I enjoy both of them, a nice old caliber that gets it done.

Coincidently, I just finished areading Ken Waters Pet Loads for the 32-20 revolver. I don't have it in front of me but if you don't have it let me know and I will copy it for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Great caliber and really is a varmint load in a old Winchester lever gun. I've always wanted a SAA in that caliber.

giz

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would appreciate that Straw, thanks very much. I can use all the loading info I can get on the .32-20.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
In the next three or four weeks I am going to run some .32-20 thru a M-92 Wincheaster I inherited for Christmas.

I assume from what I have read that the only commercial loads available are pistol loadings -- no?

Not a problem, as i want to build up a reservoir of .32-20 brass for reloading. I have none now, other than one box of pistol loads. My shooting buddy El Toro may have a box or two squirreled away (he anticipates guns he is gonna buy or inherit!)

Helpful comments are welcome.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts