Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
22/32 kit gun 2" The serial is on the butt.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
An early kit gun made before the model number designations were started by S&W in 1957. Nice!

John

Reactions: Breakaway500

·
Premium Member
18,604 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your Model 1953 .22/32 Kit Gun was made in 1953 if the serial number on the butt is below 5000. And in 1954 if it is 5000 to 9999. It seems to be in pretty reasonable shape for its age...those stocks are amazing! It also appears to have the remains of an oil coat or some other rust inhibitor on the frame. That's good if it has been stored for a long time. Congratulations!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. It actually belongs to my uncle. So is the model 34 - 22/32 kit gun? What is this gun worth? I have seen some on gun broker but not that early and with that low of a serial number. I’m going to list it for him on gun broker. Just don’t want it to go too cheap. He’s my last living uncle and I’m trying to help him out. I just don't have the money or I would buy it.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
As Wiregrass says, it's not a Model 34, It's a Model of 1953 Kit Gun.

Check completed sales on GB to see what they actually sold for.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
That one appears to be in very nice condition. I sold my 4" barrel 1953 kit gun for over $650 two years ago. It too was a low 4 digit serial number and in similar condition as yours. The 2" barrel guns are worth more. FWIW I'd say it should sell for more than $750.

John

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Looks to be a fine little Smith as the other have described.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts