Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after saving up for about, mmm five years? I finally bought my dream gun. My S&W M29, now I was given the choice of getting a 29-2 6 1/2 or the 29-3, and considering that everyone wants a 29-2 I wanted something a little different and special.(That and also this was in better condition and cheaper for some reason) So I went and spent a good $600 on her and man did she clean up! Now I can finally feel comfortable in my suit and fedora when going out. Hope you enjoy.

·
Premium Member
18,762 Posts
Very nice, Inspector! welcome01 to the forum from the Wiregrass!

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
We have more than a couple that think the -3 variation shoots better than the -2 version and because they are cheaper (lacks the P&R things) you can spend more on ammo. You photo skills are pretty good, you have a great looking S&W, congrats

·
Administrator
8,116 Posts
That's a real good-lookin' revolver you've got there. Nice find! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long, long time.

Count me in as one who thinks the -3 is a great value compared with a -2. I'm not knocking a -2.. just saying you can still get a good deal on a -3 and end up with a great shooting revolver. That's what I did too, except mine's in nickel.

·
Super Moderator
32,731 Posts
Good looking revolvers! I have shot the model 29 but mainly like .44 Special rounds through one.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Very good purchase, the dash three is cheaper to buy than the dash two, but it can do everything the dash two can do and the six inch barrel gives a good combination of handiness coupled to performance and sight radius. . .Well done Inspector.

Hank

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Great looking 29-3 you have there Inspector. The -3 because it is not a P&R seems to be overlooked, but as the owner of 2 M29-3's I can tell you they do shoot good. I do not have any "Safe Queens" nothing but shooters and the -3 fits in quite well.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome Inspector, you have a beautiful piece of .44Mag there and you are an artist with the camera. H8 (my friends call me Doc)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! I do a lot of photo taking for friends and also other sites that I am on, an absolutely love them!

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Congrats , that's a nice looking Magnum !

And as mentioned you take fine pics .

We all shot my 629 , full underlug and unfluted , in TN recently .
Thank goodness my daughter , Emma , got over her " I'm not shooting this gun anymore , the trigger pull is too light ! " .
( it went off a little prematurely at the range the first time she shot it ) :eek:
Of course when I actually measured the trigger pull it was right in line w several of my guns .

It is one accurate beast . I think Scruffy will attest to that also .

Regards ,
George

1 - 17 of 17 Posts