Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post pictures of the Smith and Wesson Model 14-4 that I was privileged to have purchased from Jim Clark, Jr. in April 2015. The serial number is 29K6XXX. Jim died a few short months later. Jim told me that this was one of his personal guns that he used in Bianchi Cup Matches in the late 1980's. He said that he performed the action job on it and converted it to double action only firing. As noted in the picture, he added a fiber front site assembly on the barrel. The revolver also has chamfered cylinders and a ball crane lock added to secure maximum lock up. It's double action pull is around 7 1/2 pounds and is extremely smooth. He guessed that he had shot at least 20,000 to 30,000 rounds through it and it still is tight as a new gun. It also has the old school Herrett target stocks, which are very comfortable.
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Black
Metal Blade Tool Tan Everyday carry
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Tan
Writing implement Pen Stationery Office instrument Office supplies
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
I am very fortunate to own such a fine weapon.

·
Premium Member
12,312 Posts
Verah nice.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carl418: I was shooting it regularly but because of the ammo shortage and the resulting gouging for the places that sometimes do get handgun ammo, I have almost stopped shooting all my handguns. I refuse to pay $40.00 for a box of Winchester 130 grain .38 ball ammo (when you can find it)!!! Bass Pro Shop and Academy in my area have not had any .38 ammo for several months, and it looks like it is only going to get worse. The local gunshops in the area are ridiculously high ($40-$50 for a 50 round box of 9MM; $35-$45 for a 50 round box of .45 ball; and $35-$50 for a fifty count box of .38 ball ammo), so that is not an option. The quality self defense hollowpoint rounds are even higher. These are sad times indeed for shooters. The last gunshow that I attended in the area had several vendors with plenty of ammo for sale, at again unacceptable gouging prices, with one dealer proudly displaying several boxes of 50 rounds of Blazer Aluminum Case 9mm ball ammo for ONLY $79.95!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts