Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not know where to place this query, so is here ia as good as anywhere I guess. Anyway, a 50+ year S & W collector is thinning his herd and asked what the value on two experimental S & W rifles would be valued at: a Mark 1 and Mark 2 light rifle, very nice, possibly unfired, with accessories. 9mm I believe. Just asking for input from anyone that knows. He also has an unfired Model 76 that I am interested in.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to let you guys know, both the Mark 1 and Mark 2 were purchased from the older gentleman. They look unfired in the original boxes with sling and paperwork. Very nice blue finish indeed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The older gentleman that hed the Mark 1 and the Mark 2 also has an unfired S&W Model 76. His son wanted it, so I did not buy it. I will try to get photos of the other later. They are very heavy for a 9mm subgun, though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, here is an update. My friend purchased the light rifles from the collector. I was going to purchase one from him and he was "supposed" to keep the other one. Knob Creek came along and he took the Mark 2. It was sold without my knowledge. I then asked him about the Mark 1. He said he would sell it to me for $4,400.00. It took me a couple of weeks to get the money. He then informed me today that it is listed on Gunbroker (Item #128390522) for $13,000 and some change. If you want to see pictures of it, check them out soon, as I understand that there are many offers on it and I think he will make the sale. What do you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts