Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a M+P 15 22 and took it out and out of a 25 round clip only maybe 10 fired tried cleaning it and oiling it same problem. We are using Federal 22 lead nose bullets. I havent tried different ammo yet just because ammo is hard to find. Anyone have had same problem and know what the fix is ? My gun is a week old.

·
Super Moderator
14,066 Posts
Need more info to be of any help. Are you experiencing light primer strikes? Mis-feeds? Jams?

New guns sometimes need some time to break in (perhaps 500 shots).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does not jam to us it seems like its light primer strikes, it does not appear to be mis feeds or and kind of jam. It will only fire on average 8-10 bullets out of a 25 round clip and we ran 4 clips through it so far. We did take it apart clean and oil it put it back together and it has same problem

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
You 'oiled' it? what kind and where? Oil is bad for any action, especially generic motor type oil.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Some guns hate Federal .22 ammo. Actually, there are some guns that hate a lot of brands and will only reliably shoot one brand. This is a challenge when you can't just go to your local gun store and pick up a box each of 6 different brands like you could last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts