Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! S&W called your revolver the .44 Double Action Frontier and made 15,340 between 1886 and 1913. We need pictures to tell you much more.

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
One thing about any double action revolver and that is you'd better have a strong trigger finger. I have 2 and both are light in single action and terribly heavy in double.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
One thing about any double action revolver and that is you'd better have a strong trigger finger. I have 2 and both are light in single action and terribly heavy in double.
Hey Flip; I got a few guitar exercisers that you can work out one finger at a time. Helps strengthen the hand overall and does wonders to tame a d-a pull. trade name is GripMaster and they come in various strengths from light to Hercules!

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Hey Flip; I got a few guitar exercisers that you can work out one finger at a time. Helps strengthen the hand overall and does wonders to tame a d-a pull. trade name is GripMaster and they come in various strengths from light to Hercules!
Got a set for the kids and it does work. (y)

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
They don't have to be. Most all my D/A Smiths have an 8 pound D/A pull and are very smooth.
Guess I'm spoiled by the 1/2 ounce triggers on my hunting guns. I just cock and shoot actually. 8 pounds is excessive and results in pulling the muzzle up as you pull the trigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts