Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
F4D,

First off, WELCOME!

469's are interesting guns but to me they always seemed a little off balance.... others think they are just right....

469's will use any 5900 Series magazines for increased capacity so you're not stuck with the 12 rounders..... A US Customs pal of mine used to carry his 469 with the 12 rounder in it and his reload mags were regular 15 rounders.

The discontinued Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm uses the same mags for a little extra flexibility....

$269 isn't too bad a price for a good example if it hasn't been roughed up or altered.

Drew

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought one when they came out and it was a solid little 9mm. If I remember right, it did have to go back for a recall on the hammer drop/ trigger disconnect (thumb safety) - the pistol shot fine but if you manipulated things just right it would fire when the trigger was supposed to be disconnected. As I remember, this recall was caught and fixed early in production.

Otherwise, a solid and stubby little 9mm; I'd certainly pay that price for one in good shape. The single stack version of this is the 3913/3914/908 series and they are still very popular pistols.

·
Registered
490 Posts
642-1 said:
Tusker said:
F4D~ Here is mine, acquired from a local FBI agent a number of years ago. Does just fine for me. My only complaint is I cannot change out the grips for Stag. :)
nice gun tusker what grain are you using? i use federal hydra shok 124 grain.
642~ Box shown are 124 grain. Got 4 boxes free so I am using them. When I load I have used a heavier bullet, seems to work as well. My HP likes it. :) If I were buying, it would be your Federal HS load. :)

G

·
0 Posts
I gave $285 for mine a couple years ago. They are nice little solid guns. Function reliably and 12 rounds is double most revolvers. At this time it is my desk drawer gun.

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal...

I own a 2nd generation Model 659...purchased new in 1985...stainless with 3.75" barrel...adjustable sights...15+1 double stacked capacity 9mm. The grips are zebrawood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts