Hey Alex,

Wow! That is great!

The experts will be along in a few...

Later, Mark

Reactions: Birdhunter6

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Beautiful triple lock. A real grail gun for a lot of people. Right up there with a Registered Magnum.
As for value, all I can say is HIGH. Several thousand bucks - way out of my reach for sure.

Reactions: Birdhunter6

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Beautiful triple lock. A real grail gun for a lot of people. Right up there with a Registered Magnum.
As for value, all I can say is HIGH. Several thousand bucks - way out of my reach for sure.
Not trying to start an argument but, I put them at the top of the list and the RM doesn’t make my top 10!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
20,361 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the cotton and peanut covered plains of the Wiregrass! Your .44 Hand Ejector, 1st Model (AKA The .44 Triple Lock) was made in 1914. This N frame gun is famous for its 3 cylinder locks which the British found to be too well engineered to permit use in the trenches of WWI. Therefore, S&W stopped making them and began the 2nd Model N frame production for WWI. S&W primarily made the triple lock in both .44 Special and .455 Webley Mark II versions. The British were desperate for handguns so they took possession of the .455 triple locks until S&W could ramp up production of the 2nd model N frame. S&W also used the 2nd N frame for its WWI models chambered for .45 ACP and called the Model 1917. So, as others have already noted, .44 Triple Locks are scarce and bring big dollars at auction.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The 4" barrel is less common and will bring more. As noted in the other thread, the grips are later replacements.
Gold medallions were correct for 1914

Nevertheless, you're looking at $3500++ at auction.

·
Registered
108 Posts
WOW!!!! Just amazing.

Keep it, shoot it, maintain it and pass it down. (Easy for me to say. My heirlooms are a single shot Remington .22 and a Montgomery Wards 20 ga.)

Thank you for letting us see it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks alex. The big frame, the featherweight barrel and the huge ejector housing. What a wild take on heavy duty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts