Hey T,

Great Score!

Fun times ahead!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Awesome! And now you can tell us that you got it for $100, right?;)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have several, many, S&W, ACP revolvers. They all like hardball or hardball equivalent loads. I use cast bullets in mine. I cast soft and large enough to fit the throats. I also prefer bullets with long bearing surfaces, the longer the better. Two of my favorite bullets are copies of the Lyman 452423 and the SAECO 453. The 452423 is a 235 grain SWC designed by Keith and the 453 is a 235 grain full wad cutter. The bearing surface grips the shallow rifling better than cast bullets with short bearing surfaces. I load them both to between 850 and 900 FPS.

Enjoy that beautiful revolver. It is built to shoot!

Kevin

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Here is my first .45ACP wheelgun a Model 25-2. I've told this story before. It had 4 holes drilled and tapped in the barrel rib, 4 holes drilled and tapped in the top strap, a home brew round butt conversion, and .458 cylinder throats. I was a bit disillusioned but if you throw enough money at something it sometimes works out. An ebay barrel, an ebay .44 Magnum cylinder, some nice round to square conversion stocks and a couple of trips down Diagonal Road with a wheelbarrow full of money and I had a very accurate .45 Colt. Couldn't be more pleased.
BC137D03-A91B-476B-87C6-B171E3768193.jpeg

·
Registered
28,099 Posts
Congrats on adding that fine revolver to your collection. Range report hopefully to follow soon?:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Here is my first .45ACP wheelgun a Model 25-2. I've told this story before. It had 4 holes drilled and tapped in the barrel rib, 4 holes drilled and tapped in the top strap, a home brew round butt conversion, and .458 cylinder throats. I was a bit disillusioned but if you throw enough money at something it sometimes works out. An ebay barrel, an ebay .44 Magnum cylinder, some nice round to square conversion stocks and a couple of trips down Diagonal Road with a wheelbarrow full of money and I had a very accurate .45 Colt. Couldn't be more pleased. View attachment 513368
Andy does great work!

Kevin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice mod 25!
You can get 45 auto rim ammo and not have to use moon clips. I bought some from Buffalo bore but haven’t shot it yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts