Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've already introduced myself, here comes the question.
I'm a male adult with very small hands which very much limits me as to what I can choose in a handgun, especially since most pistols such as the Glocks are double stack. Does S&W have a single stack in their Sigma series and will it fit a small hand? Also, is the 3903 or is it 3913 single stack and is this gun discontinued. Also, I'm not interested in a sub compact. Compact or smaller full size.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd suggest you give the M&P pistols from S&W a try... they come with three different sizes of stocks that allow quite a bit of adjustment... not the "big brick" feel of a Glock at all.

The M&P points very naturally and is extremely reliable, accurate and a good value...S&W often has promotions that give you extra magazines or a rebate which makes the price even more attractive.

My wife who has small hands has no problem at all with the M&Ps with the small stocks installed.

One thing, I'd suggest getting the version with the thumb safety and no magazine interlock... but that is just me...

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have small hands and carry a 9 mm Sigma daily. I have a slight problem with the frame biting my thumb on recoil, so I have modified my grip, and installed a slip on type rubber grip. You shouldn't have a problem with a Sigma or M&P. Give them both a try and buy the one you like best.

Doc

·
Registered
898 Posts
3913's can still be had used if you look around...great little guns...if you don't mind a rail, you can get a new 3913TSW

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I don't care much for double-stack, shoot-'til-next-week-before-you-run-out-of-ammo guns. For the exact same reason. I have small hands. By the way, there is no direct correlation between the size of one's feet or hands and the size of one's member. Studies, in fact, show there is an indirect or reverse correlation. The smaller the hand the bigger the member. I have really, really small hands.

Anyway, I have a S&W Model 908 that I absolutely love. Picked it up at a local pawn shop and it gets shot more than any other 9mm pistol I own. Well, sort of. I have a Model 39 or two that compete for my attention.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
If you can find one of the following you'll be mighty pleased. All are single stack, and fit wonderfully; 39, 439, 639, 3906, 3904, 908, 909, 3913, 3914.

I carry a 3913, and it has to be one of the finest CCW guns out there. You'd be hard pressed to find one better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was at a local gun show looking for a 9mm. Don't flame me too much, but I found the Ruger SR9 to be most comfortable. At the show there was a Glock (I don't remember which), it felt like a brick. An M&P that just felt OK. The SR9 was easiest to hold for me. The Ruger took a really good cleaning and about 400 rounds for it to smooth out. Now it's quite nice.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have small hands too...but every week I smash them with a mallot...now I can carry an N-Frame with oversized targets with no problem.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
the SR9 felt good in my hands too... I was looking at them, and finally decided to pull the trigger, no pun intended, and the recall came out. I bought a sigma instead. Recently traded the sigma for a sigpro 2340...now that's big in the hands!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts