Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,210 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to get this slide release loosened up so it doesn't require two hands to release the slide?
I cannot get the slide to release from the right side like a LH would use (I am LH), but I can use my trigger finger to easily release it on the left side and could from the beginning.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I cannot get the slide to release from the right side like a LH would use (I am LH), but I can use my trigger finger to easily release it on the left side and could from the beginning.
I'm left handed too and the right side release is VERY difficult and the left side is only slightly better. As I understand it that's intentional. I always "slingshot" the slide and never have a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
1670 posts. I hope they were more helpful than this one.
It is a slide stop not a slide release , The proper operation of your M&P Compact is covered in the manual
1670 posts. I hope they were more helpful than this one.
No not all of my 1670 post were helpful some were just stupid , If you have the M&P 2.0 manual the loading procedure is covered pages 17-19 . It is a slide stop not a slide release and 2.0 slide stops were redesigned to keep the slide from going into battery when mag was smacked in. I have three M&P pistols and use the sling shot method , in case you don't know you grasp rear of slide from the rear or overhand releasing pressure from the slide stop letting the slide move forward . The slide stop may ease up with wear as far as I know no one has figured out how to loosen it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts