Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older friend (for real. Not me, I swear... lol) who is looking for a 9MM semi auto. I recommended the M&P EZ, but he seems more interested in a Glock (馃檮I know I know). I showed him my SD9VE but he had a hard time racking slide. Was wondering if there is a slide puller attachment for S&W semi autos.
Thanks

Premium Member
There is an alternate technique for racking the slide of a semi-automatic pistol.

Instead of pulling the slide over the frame, have him try pushing the frame under a stationary slide. This uses stronger muscle groups in the forearm, and is often easier for people, especially those iwth arthritis.

Here's an example:

How To Rack Your Handgun Slide Like A Boss

Also, I recently purchased a H&K VP9SK and it has a unique little rounded side extension at the rear of the slide that comes out about 1/16 on each side, making gripping and slide cycling much easier. It's a good innovation.

Registered
Springer Precision makes slide rackers for S&W M&P and Glock semi-auto pistols that replace the striker back plate They are available in "carry" versions that have short extensions on both side of the slide and "competition" versions that have a longer extension on one side only in your choice of left or right side. I have them on my M&P9s and they work very well and make it much easier to rack the slide.

Registered
Springer Precision makes slide rackers for S&W M&P and Glock semi-auto pistols that replace the striker back plate They are available in "carry" versions that have short extensions on both side of the slide and "competition" versions that have a longer extension on one side only in your choice of left or right side. I have them on my M&P9s and they work very well and make it much easier to rack the slide.
^^This^^
And IIRC I have seen ones that have little spring-loaded "wings" that fold forward and lay flat against the sides of the slide when not in use. Can't remember who made them but they made them for a number of popular guns.
Just a thought.

Premium Member
I'm using this product on my shield. it works great and doesn't affect the size, shape nor appearance very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts