Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I can't sleep with a pea under the mattress. Why would I want a gun under my pillow? A 1911 on the nightstand, a shotgun in the corner, and a revolver in my pants pocket? Yes.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
From the picture I saw of Fuzzy, they might want to go against the gun instead.
:lol: Gun would probably be more merciful.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
A friend of mine did. I remember when he met a gal on Match.com and the first time they, well, when he moved the covers he moved the pillow and exposed his 1911. He said she got wide eyed for a bit but calmed down afterwards. I never have done that and don't see a good reason to. My Sig 938 sights are visible on the nightstand, and I have a micro vault in the nightstand that houses my Beretta 92.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Lately here it's an Extar9 with a 33rd "happy stick" full of Remington JHP's. It made my neck sore so it is leaned up against the wall with the 1200lm light, and Bushnell red dot on #3 to #4 brightness now. I live in the country. I don't hear the dogs barking unless they are on the back deck. If multiple bad guys come capacity is a good thing. Decibels out of a 6.5" barrel might be a good thing over a 10.5" 5.56 pistol.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Only the few times (workshops or conferences) I had to share a motel room with a person who didn't know I carry and might not approve if she saw the gun. The gun was under the other pillow on my bed but I still didn't sleep well, knowing that is not the safest place for your gun. I don't sleep very well the first night away from home in any case, so perhaps the gun's position didn't have much to do with that part.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts