Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 4" heavy barrel 10-8 a few years ago for cheap money. (under $300) It was wearing old hard Pachmayers and was being sold as a surplus police unit. Plain Jane in every respect..but had a superb action and trigger..so how could I say no?

I came across a vendor selling S&W parts at a gun show in Springfield Ma. who had the Elmer Keith side plate amongst his parts for sale. I asked him about it..and he told me it came out of a batch of scrap he bought from S&W in the late 80s. It sure looked like the side plate for an Elmer Keith Commemorative..however it was a K frame side plate. Interesting...and cheap enough to buy at $40. I bought a new S&W target trigger and hammer as well from the guy. $100/set.

I found the grips a few tables down..they were in a Herrett box..but not sure what brand they were..but for $40 I took them home.

So I put them all together and made my Elmer Keith non official commemorative K frame model 10.

The feel and balance are about as good as it gets..and the accuracy would make ole Elmer proud.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Great job! They don't get much better than a Model 10-8. Mine shipped in Dec 1981. It was exported to Jordan for police work before returning home. It is one good shooter.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey 500,

Didn't know they came with the TH/TT option?

That is one swell looking M 10!

Bet it likes AMMO!! LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: OzarkMarine
1 - 5 of 5 Posts