Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to replace the rear sight blade on my 29c. One video I watched says to use a spanner bit to remove the windage nut. I don't have one, so what is my best alternative other than sacrificing a regular bit? Measured as best I can while the broken blade is still in the revolver, it looks like the height is .160 and that is a standard blade, so that is what I am ordering in the kit since I also need a new screw. Am I on the right track? Thanks

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I am going to have to replace the rear sight blade on my 29c. One video I watched says to use a spanner bit to remove the windage nut. I don't have one, so what is my best alternative other than sacrificing a regular bit? Measured as best I can while the broken blade is still in the revolver, it looks like the height is .160 and that is a standard blade, so that is what I am ordering in the kit since I also need a new screw. Am I on the right track? Thanks
I always use a drill bit just barely larger than the screw threads. works great for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts