Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited my dad’s model 27. Somewhere along the line he put a scope on it. Of course no one knows where the original sight was. Over the last 7 years I have tried to find one. Through S&W, Brownells, and any and all places I could think of. No joy. I belonged to this sight many years ago and tried then what I am doing now which is to ask everyone if they have a sight for this year model. A few people from before sent me sights only asking that if they didn’t fit to send them back. They didn’t and I did send them back. I also purchased a few from members and they didn’t fit either. I did buy one that almost fit, but sticks out the back slightly. I was able to sight it in and stopped looking. I am back to looking again. I will never sell it, but would like to get the correct sight for it. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have his model 41 manufactured 1957/1958. I give two years on these as I forget which one is 1957 and which one is 1958. Anyway I grew up shooting the 41 and it would drive a nail. A couple of years ago it started shooting 4 or 5 inches high. Do not know why, but with all the knowledge on this forum maybe someone has an idea. Sorry for being so long winded. Thanks for all or any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts