Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Love mine; my wife absconded with my second one for her nightstand/CCW

Reactions: sparkyv

Registered
2500+ rounds, 1 ftf and a new recoil assembly fixed it. Sig was right on with their 2500 round suggestion. P365 is one of the best ever.

Registered
ZERO issues.................love both of mine

Reactions: sparkyv

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
2500+ rounds, 1 ftf and a new recoil assembly fixed it. Sig was right on with their 2500 round suggestion. P365 is one of the best ever.
I've put about 400 rounds through it and on this particular gun zero striker drag? Does yours show striker drag on the cases? Mine was made 7/2020

Registered
I've put about 400 rounds through it and on this particular gun zero striker drag? Does yours show striker drag on the cases? Mine was made 7/2020
Mine is a very early gun. I'm too lazy to look up the date, but it was in the first few months of production. It shows striker drag just like all of my sub-compact pistols. The worst dragger was my Kahr K9 and it did break a striker, but that had more to do with a poorly made MIM part than dragging on the primer. My sig is in the majority and didn't exhibit any of the 'known' problems. Literally one failure to feed in over 2500 rounds. Accurate and easy to shoot on top of that.

Registered
Nice shooting, mkoepp. Been carrying mine for over a year. Mine has been problem-free OOB. Put her through her paces yesterday with SD ammo and reloads; the exercise was flawless. She's holding up well.

Registered
I have carried one for a couple years with no issues but only have about 500 rounds through either gun. Bought the safety model last year and use it 99% of the time. Girlfriend is a lefty and carries the same model and ammo for mag interchangeability.

Registered
I have carried one for a couple years with no issues but only have about 500 rounds through either gun. Bought the safety model last year and use it 99% of the time. Girlfriend is a lefty and carries the same model and ammo for mag interchangeability.
I added the safety to mine. I wanted to carry AIWB in some situations (potential for being on my back) and was just not comfortable with having a fully cocked striker and one point failure between me and a painful AD.

Registered
I have had my Ruger LC9s for 2 years now. I've carried it for the last 1 1/2 years, after checking it's reliability for the first 6 months. I'm very happy with it. It has a safety, just like a 1911. I carry it cocked and locked. Just have to remember the safety is on, when I draw. I'm used to carrying a S&W M-36 for many years (40) before. :rolleyes: Bob

Registered
Love mine; my wife absconded with my second one for her nightstand/CCW
Almost the exact same thing happened to me, but as of Friday, I have mine back, as she now has hers. They both run great, are more than passably accurate and very size efficient. Her Shield and my Kahr PM-9 are gone...
The Glock 43X remains while I attempt to justify it's existence...

Registered
Almost the exact same thing happened to me, but as of Friday, I have mine back, as she now has hers. They both run great, are more than passably accurate and very size efficient. Her Shield and my Kahr PM-9 are gone...
The Glock 43X remains while I attempt to justify it's existence...
My G-19 went away when I got the same sized M&P 2.0 Compact; my CM-9 is at the LGS to be sold after getting the 365

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #16
My G-19 went away when I got the same sized M&P 2.0 Compact; my CM-9 is at the LGS to be sold after getting the 365
Thanks ya'll this is my new carry gun and just (probably being over cautious) checking the water. I'm a revolver/1911 guy so these striker fired guns are new to me for carry馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Thanks for the input.

Registered
I bought the SIG ambi kydex-type holster (I am LH) on a special for $20; it can be worn OWB or IWB, LH or RH and you can adjust the retention.

Registered
I am also a revolver guy. My first law enforcement carry guns were S&W revolvers. A four inch Model 19, then a 2.5 inch Model 19. When I went to work for the state I was issued a Model 66-1, 2.5 inch, a Model 66-2, 4 inch and a Model 13, 3 inch. I carried Model 60's and a Model 342ti as backup/off duty/undercover guns after we went to semi-autos. After retirement I carried various revolvers and settled on a Model 940. That is until the P365 came along. I bought one early and have had zero issues with it.

If anybody who carries a revolver is "on the fence" I will offer the below photos to try to change their minds.

Registered
I overlaid my 365 on my Kahr CM-9; about as identical in size as you can get, but the SIG holds 4 more, and with the 12 rounder, twice as much.

Registered
Be aware that racking the slide on the P365 fully energizes the striker spring, unlike Glock and Kahr, which use the trigger pull to put the final tension on the spring. That 4.5-5# trigger pull is all that's required for a discharge. It's not like a revolver where nothing is 'cocked' and a long trigger pull is required to make things go. It's more like a 1911 with a longer (but easy) trigger pull. Unless you have a manual safety it's much like carrying a cocked and unlocked 1911. Put some thought into where it's pointed when reholstering and carrying. I refused to carry mine AIWB without the safety.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts