Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new to me used Sig P-229 in 9mm (non-rail)to the range for the 1st time. The older P-series Sigs as a whole are pretty much trouble free, so instead of shooting a couple of hundred new rounds though it to see if there were any issues I dug out 150 rounds of the sorriest looking mixed lot of fmj and assorted hollowpoints of different brands that I had in my ammo stash. Most of the ammo had corrision around the mid section and primer area and a greenish patina over the rest. Stuff that you look at and go yuck..outta toss this stuff. The Sig gobbled them all up and never bobbled once. I was surprized as I had figured that I would get a chance to pratice a malfunction drill or two using this stuff. All the rounds hit near the center of a 8" paper plate that I was using as a target from 10-15 yards range. Load mag..aim..bang, bang, bang .......bang till the slide locked back.Repeat.. till the ammo was gone.Nada problemo. Just a great sweet shooting pistol. Finished off the day by shooting up the box of new ammo that I had brought along with me just in case the Sig choked up with that grungy stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Sig makes great guns! I have owned many of them. I still have my 226 in 9mm that was my duty gun when I retired.

I live near Sig and a friend of mine works at the Sig academy and we shoot together a few times a month. In a few weeks I will be shooting a 25 steel plate match with my 226. Great gun and has never failed me and my life depended on it!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave
I agree totally with you on Sigs being great pistols. I carried a two tone P220 loaded with Federal 230 gr Hydro-shok on duty for over 6 years without issues. We became great partners, I'd get into something and think to myelf " I need my gun" and my Sig would somehow just magically appear in my hand, on target and ready to go. It was a sad day when the department issued the Glock model 22 to everyone. My P-220 now is retired from work but it is still my go to gun at home. The p-229 in this range test is now my off duty carry.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I have both a P226, and a P225. Both are scary accurate! As M58 has stated, they will eat anything they are fed. I have done the same with both of mine, they eat it up and ask for more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts