Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
My carry gun is a Taurus TCP 738 chambered in .380. I carry it in a Bulldog Belt Case. Had it since 2014. Recently went shooting on a friends property in NC and did so poorly I was ready to trade it. I was standing maybe 7 feet away from a 12x12 target and completely missing it.Came home, did a bunch of research on guns very close in size and didn't find anything that seemed to fit the bill. Ruger LCP (all variants) , S&W Bodyguard and a couple others. When it came down to it, I really like the trigger on the Taurus. But I found a couple things I could do to help me get a better grip on it. A Pachmayr Sleeve Grip, Pearce Mag Extensions (now I can get my 3 fingers firmly on it). And I added a Viridian Laser to help get shots on target. Went to the range here back on 1/10/23 and felt I did much better. Pic of the Taurus and my most recent target.
Trigger Air gun Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory
Green Precision sports Art Sports equipment Recreation

· Registered
18,124 Posts
My carry gun is a Taurus TCP 738 chambered in .380. I carry it in a Bulldog Belt Case. Had it since 2014. Recently went shooting on a friends property in NC and did so poorly I was ready to trade it. I was standing maybe 7 feet away from a 12x12 target and completely missing it.Came home, did a bunch of research on guns very close in size and didn't find anything that seemed to fit the bill. Ruger LCP (all variants) , S&W Bodyguard and a couple others. When it came down to it, I really like the trigger on the Taurus. But I found a couple things I could do to help me get a better grip on it. A Pachmayr Sleeve Grip, Pearce Mag Extensions (now I can get my 3 fingers firmly on it). And I added a Viridian Laser to help get shots on target. Went to the range here back on 1/10/23 and felt I did much better. Pic of the Taurus and my most recent target.
View attachment 588262 View attachment 588263
I had a Taurus TCP for a couple of years. Mine was not always reliable. I polished the feed ramp, tried various types of ammo. It would run great for a while, than bam...a failure to feed. Had a great trigger and was more comfortable to shoot than the LCP I replaced it with. I had no trouble hitting the target with it. I really liked it except I didn't trust it

· Registered
12,071 Posts
Double the fun........

Attachments

1 - 20 of 69 Posts