Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rule 1, Pictures first please. Then you can tell us the rest of the story.

I am starting this album b/c I have seen a number of great JD photos in recent threads. I don't know if there will be enough members interest to keep going for awhile.

This one belongs to mark6005

jd tractor copy.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
2. JD534.JPG

JD X534 (4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steer). It handled the trees great but kept me further away from the fences. Go figure.

Used from 2009 - 2012

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts

Z720A. 2013

Absolutely great mower but my property has just too much slope. Hated to give it up.

Reactions: ussmanlovede36

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts

JD X738. My current mower. 1.2 hours on it. Back to the future.

25HP, 54 inch auto hitch, drive over deck. Prob my last mower. It has a 4 year, 700 hour bumper to bumper warranty. I may get a blade for it next year.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'll be a bit of a rebel and post something that's not green. 1986 Yanmar 26HP that I bought in '88 with a hoe and loader. First thing I bought for it was a 5 ft 3 point hitch mower so I could mow the acre of old cow pasture we had in about fifteen minutes. It is related in a way with JD using a lot of Yanmar diesel engines. Sold it about 10 years ago and man do I miss it. DSCN0839.JPG

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Only have 1 John Deere a 1959 440 straight blade. Sorry no pictures. This is my mowing machine IMG_20170611_075621_hdr.jpg I will never own another John Deere tractor or implement our local dealer a family owned business since 1936 was dropped from the franchise because they were not large enough or progressive enough. Now the closest dealer is 30 miles away. Thank you very much John deere

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Tractors - Right Side.jpg
There's a lot of red in this picture, but with a touch of green for good measure!
1950 John Deere "M"; 1949 Farmall "A"; 1945 Farmall "A"; and last, but not least, 1949 Farmall "CUB"

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts

4.4 hours on the X738. It does a nice job of mowing. I am amazed how quiet it is.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Only have 1 John Deere a 1959 440 straight blade. Sorry no pictures. This is my mowing machine View attachment 181434 I will never own another John Deere tractor or implement our local dealer a family owned business since 1936 was dropped from the franchise because they were not large enough or progressive enough. Now the closest dealer is 30 miles away. Thank you very much John deere
John Deere (like New Holland) is trending over to corporate style dealerships and pushing the small 'mom and pop' dealerships out. Same thing happened here. The independents were either bought out or lost their franchise. The dealer I dealt with for years (new Holland) lost their franchise as well as the JD dealership I dealt with, replaced by a multiple dealership owner.

Nothing more itchy than running hay on an open station tractor. I'll have to snap a picture of one of my tractors and one of the mowers. No 'itchy' here.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
View attachment 183257
There's a lot of red in this picture, but with a touch of green for good measure!
1950 John Deere "M"; 1949 Farmall "A"; 1945 Farmall "A"; and last, but not least, 1949 Farmall "CUB"
John Deere (like New Holland) is trending over to corporate style dealerships and pushing the small 'mom and pop' dealerships out. Same thing happened here. The independents were either bought out or lost their franchise. The dealer I dealt with for years (new Holland) lost their franchise as well as the JD dealership I dealt with, replaced by a multiple dealership owner.

Nothing more itchy than running hay on an open station tractor. I'll have to snap a picture of one of my tractors and one of the mowers. No 'itchy' here.
I mow and rake and my neighbor bales either rounds or bigger squares. It's so nice to put 30 acres of hay away and not leave a tractor seat. We used to do over 6000 small bales just getting too old for all that grunt work. I like the old open station tractors don't farm enough to afford the newer travtors

1 - 20 of 37 Posts