Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
black powder shooter
4,513 Posts
not a Hogue fan, especially the ones with the attachment at the bottom that can scratch the guns..

i have several sets of Pac's in differing styles and frame sizes , that i use for shooting the magnums at range or small frame carry..

and then there are the ones from the factory..
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Super Moderator
36,444 Posts
S&W wood is best for appearance, but Altamont bonded ivory are a favorite here and we have a number of pistols with those. For magnum shooting I agree with the rubber grips being much more comfortable!

· Registered
190 Posts
I have always preferred the wood grips, from the standard used on my issued model 15s to the large grips on the 41 magnum and 45 I used to have. If a pistol has the wood replaced by something else, I would normally leave them on. This is partly because it's part of the history of the gun and also because people want way too much for original grips.

· Registered
12,353 Posts
Only time I did it was on a 629 that had the horrible 80's "2x4" grips. Else stock woods work fine for me.

Reactions: nonamechosen

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Once I was introduced to Houge's, I put em' on all the Smiths and CZ's. It's like instant comfort. Are the rubber grips beautiful? no. But for my purposes the weapon only needs to work correctly, not be pretty. Here is a mint 13-1

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts