Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just had a local gjnsmith freefloat my mp10 sport. Before that i had about 80 rounds of Remington core lokt lead tip ammo with no issues. Now it chokes up on it and chews up the tip.

Anyone else had issues with soft tipped ammo? Not sure if i should blame gunsmith...

Attached are pics of feed ramp and rpund before loaded in chamber then after.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
I am far from an expert on those but logic tells me if it worked with that ammo before the gunsmith, and doesn't now then he did something that effects the functioning.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
If I have this right free floating means that the forward stock does not touch the barrel. So the barrel wasn't moved and the chamber wasn't moved. A different barrel nut and a different forward stock?

·
Registered
433 Posts
are you 100%sure they were not doing it before? The only way your gunsmith could have messed this up is if your barrel has a barrel extension and he adjusted that. If it has the factory barrel I bet it is cut as 1 piece so that is out.
All he did was put on a new hand guard and barrel nut. Easy. Maybe knocked your A frame sight off and installed a new gas block if applicable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts